Monday 9 January 2012

FOLLOW YOUR HEART


Take five, frame it and sell it for ten. That was the suggestion I received when I asked my uncle how to make money. I took his advice literally. It was the summer of 1996 and that’s exactly what I did. I was young. I was a student who didn’t want to work, yet wanted money to enjoy a good social life. I got more than that. I got great experience. I worked hard and  put in longer hours than I would have in a nine to five job. What did I do? I wrote and printed my short poems on good quality paper, framed them and went door to door selling. I knocked on thousands of doors. I got hundreds of no’s. I sold 200 in the first month and I sold 500 the second month. I took five, framed it and sold it for ten. I followed the advice, but more importantly I followed my heart.

Will you follow the advice? How hard will you work for it? Will you put in the long hours? How many doors will you knock on? How many no's will you listen to? Will you follow your heart?

Drop the Monkey Business & follow your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment